The Hills Eco Kidz is a nature education program for children ages 2-10. Every month, children and their families come along to engage in interactive and fun activities that teach children about the natural world.
Children nowadays are more likely to play indoors or spend time on their screens than go outside. This means children are lacking opportunities to be creative and to connect with nature. Nurturing a connection between children and the natural environment will help your child develop an understanding of the importance nature has on the world and our day-to-day lives, as well as improve their physical and mental health and improve creative thinking!
Some things your child will learn when attending this program include:
- Learning about local native wildlife
- Gardening, an understanding of how food grows
- Habitat for wildlife
- How to make a humpy and other natural hiding places
- Bushcraft – Painting rocks and making paper animals
- Bush Adventures – Detective Trails
- Create a Sensory Garden
- Understanding of animal/bug cycles
This program is open at the Annangrove Environment Centre on Currie Avenue, Annangrove 2156. It is held on a Friday of every month from 10-11:30 am.
If you would like to come along to one of our activities, please be sure to register beforehand.
We have a Facebook group called The Hills Eco Kidz and this is where we post details for our next activities after each session as well as welcome input from our community for new activities!
If you would like more information on this program, please contact our Project Officer, Danielle Packer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ages from 2-10 are welcome.
Kids, Koala Bush Craft!
Date: 21st of January 2023 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Summary: Let our little minds flourish as we wonder through our local bush track looking for koala food (AKA gum leaves) to use in a later activity. Once we have collected all of the yummy koala food, we will create a beautiful koala on a tree to take home! We will be using recycled materials and the things we collect to make this wonderful art!
Please REGISTER HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/kids-koala-bush-craft-tickets-508274973127
- Refund Policy: Attendees can only request a refund up to ONE day before the event starts.
- All children attending must have a ticket and be supervised by at least one parent, adults come free.
- Bookings are essential for both ADULTS and children for all activities. Once children’s spots are booked out, any remaining adult spots are NOT to be used for children.
- Activities are for ages 2 to 10 years (unless otherwise specified).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and supervised by adults at all times during the activity.
- Most activities are NOT stroller friendly and walks are on unsealed bush tracks.
- Wear appropriate footwear – runners or hiking shoes are recommended.
- Safety in all our activities is always considered, however, participants attend activities at their own risk and adults are responsible for their children.