The Hills Eco Kidz is a nature education program that runs every month for children and their families come along to engage in interactive and fun activities that teach children about the natural world.
Children nowadays are more likely to play indoors or spend time on their screens than go outside. This means children are lacking opportunities to be creative and to connect with nature. Nurturing a connection between children and the natural environment will help your child develop an understanding of the importance nature has on the world and our day-to-day lives, as well as improve their physical and mental health and improve creative thinking!
Some things your child will learn when attending this program include:
- Learning about local native wildlife
- How to play in nature
- Gardening, an understanding of how food grows
- Habitat for wildlife
- How to make a humpy and other natural hiding places
- Bushcraft – Painting rocks and making paper animals
- Nature bingo activities
- Bush Adventures – Detective Trails
- Create a Sensory Garden
- Understanding of animal/bug cycles
This program is open at the Annangrove Environment Centre on Currie Avenue, Annangrove 2156.
If you would like to come along to one of our activities, please be sure to register beforehand.
We have a Facebook group called The Hills Eco Kidz and this is where we post details for our next activities after each session as well as welcome input from our community for new activities!
If you would like more information on this program, please contact the Hills Eco Kidz Coordinator, Cailee Stainthorpe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ages from 2-10 are welcome.
Kids Native Shadow Drawing!
Date: 19th January 2024 (Friday)
Location: Community Environment Centre Annangrove
Time: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Summary: Come down to the Community Environment Center at Annangrove with your kids to join us for a morning full of fun, we will wander through the garden and collect flowers and leaves for our native shadow drawings! The event will run from 10:00 to 11:30am and is for children aged 2-12 years of age.
- Refund Policy: Attendees can only request a refund up to ONE day before the event starts.
- All children attending must have a ticket and be supervised by at least one parent, adults come free.
- Bookings are essential for both ADULTS and children for all activities. Once children’s spots are booked out, any remaining adult spots are NOT to be used for children.
- Activities are for ages 2 to 10 years (unless otherwise specified).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and supervised by adults at all times during the activity.
- Most activities are NOT stroller friendly and walks are on unsealed bush tracks.
- Wear appropriate footwear – runners or hiking shoes are recommended.
- Safety in all our activities is always considered, however, participants attend activities at their own risk and adults are responsible for their children.