Eco Kidz is a nature education program for children ages 2-10. Every month, children and their families come along to engage in interactive and fun activities that teach children about the natural world.
Children nowadays are more likely to play indoors or spend time on their screens than go outside. This means children are lacking opportunities to be creative and to connect with nature. By nurturing a connection between children and the natural environment will help your child develop an understanding of the importance nature has on the world and our day-to-day lives, as well as improve their physical and mental health and improve creative thinking!
Some things your child will learn when attending this program include:
- Learning about local native wildlife
- Gardening, an understanding of how food grows
- Habitat for wildlife
- How to make a humpy and other natural hiding places
- Bushcraft – Painting rocks and making paper animals
- Bush Adventures – Detective Trails
- Create a Sensory Garden
- Understanding of animal/bug cycles
This program is open at the Annangrove Environment Centre on Currie Avenue, Annangrove 2156 on the second Friday of every month from 10-11:30 am.
If you would like to come along to one of our activities, please be sure to register beforehand.
We have a Facebook group called The Hills Eco Kidz and this is where we post our activities after each session as well as welcome input from our community for new activities!
If you would like more information on this program, please contact our Project Officer, Danielle Packer at email@example.com.
Activities during the school term are for ages 2-5 and during the school break, ages from 2-10 are welcome.
- All children attending must have a ticket and be supervised by at least one parent, adults come free.
- Bookings are essential for both ADULTS and children for all activities. Once children’s spots are booked out, any remaining adult spots are NOT to be used for children.
- Activities are for 2 to 5 years during term time, 2 to 10 years during school holidays (unless otherwise specified).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and supervised by adults at all times on the activity.
- Most activities are NOT stroller friendly and walks are on unsealed bush tracks.
- Wear appropriate footwear – runners or hiking shoes are recommended.
- Safety on all our activities is always considered, however, participants attend activities at their own risk and adults are responsible for their children.
NEW VOLUNTEER PROGRAM for the Hills Eco Kidz
The Hills Eco Kidz Volunteer Program onboards volunteers that want to either run these activities including organizing activity, preparation, lead activity, and packing up, or would like to help out. You have a maximum of three activities that you can run or help out in before another volunteer can take over. You are also welcome to facilitate one activity, you just need to specify in the form below.
- Your Age
- How many activities you would like to run (1-3).
- If you have a children’s check
- Weekday availability
- When you would like to start